This Easy Sesame Rice Recipe is easy, fast and full of flavor. Ready in less than 20 minutes with just 4 ingredients!
Our family loves to recreate our favorite takeout dishes. First, it’s much more affordable than ordering in every night (though honestly, there are so many nights when I wish we could do this instead!). Making your own takeout also allows you to make healthier substitutions, which for us means we can eat more without feeling guilty.
Wondering how to make sesame rice at home? This easy sesame rice recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes and uses only 4 ingredients.
A few years ago we discovered how to make this easy sesame rice recipe, and it’s become one of our favorites! This simple sesame rice is the perfect base for a poke bowl or as an addition to my family’s favorite Sweet & Spicy Korean BBQ Wings.
Add a quick Japanese Cucumber Salad and you’ve got a whole meal that will wow even the pickiest of takeout aficionado. This simple sesame rice recipe is such a great addition for so many meals!
I actually love using this recipe to repurpose leftover meat, like chicken and pork. All you have to do is toss your pre-cooked leftovers in a great Asian-inspired simmer sauce and use it to top this easy sesame rice recipe for a quick and yummy new dish.
The sesame oil adds a rich nutty flavor and is easy to find at most grocery stores!
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (note: 1 cup of dry rice is enough for 2 adults)
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 handful sliced green onions (optional)
- Pour 1 cup of jasmine rice into 1 1/2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook while covered for 15 minutes.
- Fluff cooked rice with fork, then slowly pour the sesame sauce over the hot rice. Tip: pour a little at a time and stir the rice as you go to ensure that the full serving of rice is covered.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!