Sweet and Spicy Korean BBQ Wings are the perfect addition for your homemade takeout night. Korean BBQ Chicken Wings are sweet, savory & spicy, with plenty of favor thanks to this Asian-inspired Korean barbecue sauce.
Maybe it’s the fact that it’s delicious, or maybe it’s that takeout is SO easy, but our family has been super guilty in the past of ordering takeout and delivery too much.
Earlier this year we committed to a”Spending Freeze,” to help us gain a better understanding of our budget and spending habits. We had zero clue until then how much we were spending on easy food like takeout and delivery! It was completely eye opening, and we quickly realized that we couldn’t keep living like that.
So of course, what was one of the first things we had to cut out of our budget? If you guessed delivery and dining out, you’re right! But man, did we realize how quickly we missed some of these dishes.
It hit me that one of the reasons we ordered a lot of this food was because we both had zero clue how to cook it. Being someone who’s always up for a challenge, I dubbed this year The Year of Homemade Takeout.
These oh so good Sweet and Spicy Korean BBQ Wings have become part of our go-to rotation (especially when served with Simple and Easy Sesame Rice and Japanese Cucumber Salad), and for good reason: they’re incredibly easy to whip up, super budget friendly (I’m talking this whole meal is under $10!) and really hit the spot.
These Sweet and Spicy Korean BBQ Wings are seriously a crowd pleaser every single time we make them.
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks or wings (6-8)
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Korean BBQ Sauce (honestly you can use any store bought sauce, but I prefer the flavor of TJ’s over anything else we’ve tried!)
- 1/2 cup Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste (also known as Sambal Sauce)
- Sliced green onion (about a handful)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Korean BBQ sauce and the Sambal sauce. Note: the red chili pepper sauce is SPICY, so be sure to add to add slowly and taste so you don't make it too spicy for you!
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings in the spicy Korean BBQ sauce, being sure to fully coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken in a 9×13 baking dish, pouring the remaining sauce over the wings. Pop in the oven uncovered and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!