I am a HUGE fan of a dump meal. You know the type: where you can throw literally everything into one pot, “set it and forget it,” and POOF! A delicious dinner. That’s one of the reasons why I love this Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken so much.
I stumbled upon this Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken a few years ago, and I swear it’s one of the most incredible under the radar recipes out there. It’s the perfect creamy chicken recipe for tacos, burritos, enchiladas or even loaded nachos, and makes enough food to feed a small army (or your crew coming over for Cinco de Mayo!).
Tip: you can also make this Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken with frozen chicken breasts for an even easier meal.
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
The Easiest Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken Ever
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Servings: 8-10 (depending on how stuffed you like your tacos!)
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves (boneless and skinless)
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained
- 1 7 Ounce Can Chopped or Diced Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes or Rotel, undrained
- 1 8 Ounce Can of Corn, drained
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese, cubed
- Hot Sauce (optional, for spice)
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours).
- Remove cover and shred chicken in the pot. Add the diced cream cheese, stirring to help melt. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Stir well and serve with:
- Tortillas, shredded lettuce and cheese if you want tacos
- Chips, if you’re in the mood for nachos (with sour cream and guacamole, of course!)
- Yellow rice, if you’re more of a burrito in a bowl person
It doesn’t get much easier than that! Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken is also easy to freeze, as it makes a TON =)
Looking for another easy slow cooker recipe? Check out The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Ever Made. Want another easy chicken recipe? You can’t go wrong with my Quick and Easy Instant Pot Whole Rotisserie Chicken.
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!