Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken is a creamy, easy dump meal that’s super family friendly. This slow cooker shredded Mexican chicken is easy to make and jam-packed with flavor! Just dump the ingredients in the crockpot, and in hours have juicy, creamy and tender chicken perfect for tacos, burritos, or salads.
Even before I was juggling two under two, I was a big fan of simple and easy crockpot meals. There were so many days I would get home from work just completely exhausted, and the last thing I wanted to do was cook a whole meal.
I stumbled upon this Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken a few years ago, and I swear it’s one of the most incredible under the radar recipes out there. It’s the perfect creamy slow cooker chicken recipe for tacos, burritos, enchiladas or even loaded nachos, and makes enough food to feed a small army (or your crew coming over for Cinco de Mayo!).
You can also make this Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken with frozen chicken breasts for an even easier meal!
This easy slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken is great for leftovers and repurposing. I love to use this chicken first for something simple like tacos or a burrito bowl. I’ll then make it another night into burritos or quesadillas by adding extra veggies and an amazing creamy sauce over the top.
This is a perfect base to substitute into my Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas recipe too!
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves (boneless and skinless)
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained
- 1 7 Ounce Can Chopped or Diced Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes or Rotel, undrained
- 1 8 Ounce Can of Corn, drained
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese, cubed
- Hot Sauce (optional, for spice)
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours).
- Remove cover and shred chicken in the pot. Add the diced cream cheese, stirring to help melt. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Stir well and serve with tortillas to build your own tacos; chips if you're in the mood for nachos; or yellow rice if you want to create burritos in a bowl!
This is one of my favorite recipes to make and repurpose throughout the week. I make this on a Sunday with yellow Mexican-inspired rice for burritos in a bowl. Then on Monday we might use the leftover chicken for tacos, and on Wednesday use what remains with the leftover yellow rice to make burritos too!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 680mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g
It doesn’t get much easier than that! Mexican Crockpot Shredded Chicken is also easy to freeze, as it makes a TON =)
Looking for another easy slow cooker recipe? Check out The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Ever Made. Want another easy chicken recipe? You can’t go wrong with my Quick and Easy Instant Pot Whole Rotisserie Chicken.
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!