Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders
These Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders do NOT disappoint. This pull-apart sliders recipe is perfect for busy weekend nights, and are incredibly easy, budget-friendly and 100% picky toddler approved, too!
Raise your hand if your family loves mini burgers! Sliders are such a fun and simple meal, but flipping each burger and assembling them individually is the furthest thing from fast and family-friendly in our household. So enter our brilliant burger hack: pull-apart sliders!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders are so crazy easy! By using a loose cooked beef mixture that’s seasoned and prepared like a juicy burger, these pull-apart burgers come together quickly and with minimal effort.
Ready to try them out for yourself? While I created these Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders to satisfy the hubby’s bacon craving, you can easily customize this recipe with whatever your family wants! Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders are also perfect for game day snacks or to bring to your next potluck.
These sliders are so simple for a quick and easy weeknight meal, but fair warning: you’ll want to eat them all! If you want leftovers simply double the recipe to make 2 dozen.
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Slider Recipe Tips
These little burgers are one of my favorite easy recipes. The secret to making this pull-apart sliders recipe is all in the way they’re assembled!
Most Important: The Beef Mixture
When it comes to creating the most amazing bacon cheeseburger pull-apart sliders, the most important step in the process is the way you actually prepare the beef! Unlike traditional burgers that involve forming a patty, the process for this pull-apart slider recipe is similar to how you cook taco meat- browning it up in a skillet with lots of seasoning (just not taco seasoning).
The Cheese Choices
The beauty of this easy pull-apart slider recipe is that you can really use whatever kind of cheese slices your family likes! We personally used sliced mild cheddar cheese, but truly any kind of cheese that melts easily works!
Since these burgers get SUPER melty and really cook together in the oven, I recommend putting your toppings of choice on before cooking. With that in mind, you’ll want to think through what toppings work for being in the oven during cook time.
I recommend toppings that hold up well to the heat and won’t get soggy or wilted. Bacon, jalapeños, diced red onion, caramelized onions and pickles are all great choices. Things like lettuce and tomatoes are really up to you, as they will get a little soggy in the oven. But if you love them, try them and see what you think!
Pick the Right Buns
When it comes to a pull-apart slider recipe, the buns you choose mostly come down to your personal taste preference. From Hawaiian rolls and potato rolls, to pretzel buns or ones topped with sesame seeds, the choices are up to you!
Don’t Skip the Bake!
Well yes, the beef is totally cooked before you put your pull-apart sliders in the the oven, the real magic comes from the baking time! The cheese gets all perfectly melted while the buns toast, and all of the flavors get a chance to really cook together.
It truly makes a huge difference in the way these cheeseburger pull-apart sliders taste!
How to Make Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders
Before you get started on these super easy and delicious pull-apart sliders, you’ll need to gather a few ingredients:
- Slider rolls (I chose King’s Hawaiian Rolls for a savory yet sweet combo)
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (want a healthier option? Try ground turkey instead!)
- 1 Medium Onion
- Cheese slices (your choice of flavor!)
- Cooked chopped bacon or bacon crumbles
- Creole Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Melted butter
- Garlic Powder
- Optional toppings you love!
Once you have all of your ingredients, putting together these cheesy pull-apart sliders is so simple!
Sauté the onions and crushed garlic on the stove top in olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add your ground beef and seasonings, and brown the meat thoroughly. Add the cooked bacon for the last minute of browning, then remove from heat, drain the oil and set aside.
Meanwhile, spray the bottom of your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and if needed, slice your slider rolls horizontally with a serrated knife to create a top and bottom bun. Place the layer of bottom half of the buns in the baking dish, and then top them with the beef mixture, slices of cheese and any toppings you would like. Add the top buns.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with garlic powder or crushed garlic, and use a silicone pastry brush like this one to thoroughly coat the tops of the buns. Cover your dish with aluminum foil and cook, removing the foil for the last few minutes of baking to get those buns toasted.
SO easy and delicious and each individual slider comes out bursting with flavor.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Easy Peasy Bacon Tater Tot Casserole
Creamy Dreamy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy Cheese Quesadilla Recipe (Kid-Friendly!)
Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders
These Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders do NOT disappoint. They’re so incredibly easy, budget friendly and 100% picky toddler approved!
- 1 package (12) slider rolls (I chose Hawaiian for a savory yet sweet combo)
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 6-8 slices of cheese (your choice of flavor!)
- 6 strips of cooked chopped bacon or ¼ cup of bacon crumbles
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder OR 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to the pan at medium low heat. Once warm, add the diced onions and crushed garlic, stirring regularly to prevent the garlic from burning.
- When the onions have become fragrant (about 5 minutes), add the ground beef to the pan, along with the creole seasoning, salt and pepper. Brown the meat thoroughly while being sure to toss with the onion mixture throughout the cooking time. Add the cooked bacon to the pan for the last minute of browning.
- Once browned, remove the meat mixture from heat, drain the oil and set the mixture aside.
- If needed, slice the slider rolls horizontally (while still attached) to make a top and bottom bun. Place bottom buns into the baking dish side by side, not leaving any room.
- Top the bottom buns with the beef mixture, then layer the cheese. Add the top buns.
- Make the butter topping by combing the melted butter with the remaining garlic (not a fan of garlic? No problem! Just leave it out. The butter is the important part here). Using brush or spoon thoroughly coat the tops of the buns (including the sides).
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cook for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 10 more minutes to brown the buns. Serve warm with French fries, tater tots or whatever side you’re feeling!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 385Total Fat: 20gSodium: 600mg
The Easiest Pull-Apart Sliders Recipe
So simple, right?? For a healthier twist on these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders you can easily swap out the ground beef for turkey and eliminate the cheese, but trust me when I tell you that these Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders are going to be a huge crowd pleaser in your home! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did.
Want to make this pull-apart slider recipe even more unique next time?
- Cuban Sliders: Use hot ham, cheese, pickles and mustard
- Pizza Sliders: Top your buns with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and your favorite pizza toppings
- Breakfast Sliders: This recipe would be so yummy with scrambled eggs, melty cheddar cheese and sausage patties
- BBQ Sliders: Load them up with leftover pulled pork or shredded rotisserie chicken tossed in your favorite BBQ sauce and topped with pickle slices
If you love this recipe, please leave a rating and comment too!
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!
YUM! These look as delicious as they are easy to put together!