Anyone else love brunch during the summer time? Brunch is hands down my favorite meal, and a great excuse to invite a group over to our place. This super simple three cheese slow cooker shrimp and grits is not only incredibly easy, but it’s also a lightened up version so you don’t feel guilty getting seconds (or thirds).
If you’ve never had shrimp and grits, you’ve been missing out. I love rich, cheesy grits, but I don’t think I’m alone in knowing these days lightening up some of my favorite recipes is a smart move. Plus as a mom I’m a huge fan of anything I can make in the crockpot!
Don’t have a slow cooker? You can easily snag one on Amazon with free Prime shipping! (Get 30 days free here) We actually have three crockpots in our house, which I know sounds like overkill, but honestly it comes in SO handy when we want to make more than one dish! They’re perfect for meal prepping for the week, or for when you’re hosting a large group at your place.
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! Thanks for supporting me and my family!
This slow cooker shrimp and grits recipe is always a crowd pleaser, and is so easy to customize. I’ve even made it before with vegan cheese and almond milk for non-dairy friends, and it’s come out just as amazing!
Super Simple Slow Cooker Shrimp & Grits
- 6 Cups of Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1 ½ Cups Quick Cooking Grits
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 Cup Light Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Ounces Light Cream Cheese
- 2 Pounds Raw Shrimp
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Optional for garnish: shredded cheese, green onions, chopped cooked bacon
- Pour chicken broth into the slow cooker, and mix in the grits.
- Add in all other ingredients except for the shrimp and green onions.
- Cook on low for three hours.
- Open top and add shrimp. If grits have absorbed all of the liquid, feel free to add some more broth or a little bit of milk.
- Close lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with extra cheese, bacon and green onions if desired.
That’s it! I told you it was incredibly easy!
Feel free to mix it up and try different items added in. This recipe also works great as a base for a shrimp & grits bar.
I hope you enjoy this Super Simple Slow Cooker Shrimp and Grits. Be sure to give it a try on your next lazy Sunday!
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!