Harissa Sweet Potato Tacos are a fun, creative addition to your family dinner!
It’s the most wonderful day of the year: the first day of fall! And I know *technically* that tacos aren’t a fall recipe, but come on: who doesn’t love a quick and easy taco night find, especially for Meatless Monday?? I am loving these fun Harissa sweet potato tacos!
These Harissa Sweet Potato Tacos have become a go to in our home over the past year, and I think you’ll see why: not only are they super easy to throw together even on the busiest of nights, they’re also made up of items our family usually has in the refrigerator already!
I love the bold flavor of the harissa seasoning too. It’s not your typical taco recipe, but it’s always a crowd pleaser! Our family also really loves garlic, but it’s easy enough to cut the amount in the recipe without sacrificing the flavor if you’re not as big of a fan.
We like to make extras of these Harissa Sweet Potato Tacos since it goes quickly. The below recipe feeds 4 adults with leftovers to spare!
If you like sweet potatoes, be sure to also check out Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas!
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Ounce of Dill (either fresh or dried)
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons Harissa Powder (found in the spice aisle)
- 4 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 8 Flour Tortillas (soft taco size is perfect)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Wash and dry all produce. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice sweet potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of harissa powder seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven until tender, about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Mince or grate the garlic (I use a garlic press to make it a million times easier to prep garlic in our home). Halve cucumbers lengthwise, then slice into thin half-moons. Halve, pit, and peel avocado, then thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, half of the garlic, and 1 Tablespoon of harissa seasoning. Give the mixture a taste and add more garlic and harissa powder if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber, dill, vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the sweet potatoes are almost done (after 18-20 minutes of roasting), put flour tortillas in oven. Toast until warmed through but not crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread harissa mayo inside of each tortilla, and then fill with sweet potatoes, avocado, and a small amount of cucumber salad.
- Top with pickled red onions, jalapeños, cilantro or your personal favorite taco additions.
Harissa seasoning is spicy, but doesn't taste that way at first! Add it slowly to your ingredients, and be sure to taste it as you go!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540
Top with pickled red onions, jalapeños, cilantro or your personal favorite taco additions.
All hail the taco! These Harissa Sweet Potato Tacos are perfect for your next Taco Tuesday.
Tried this recipe? Tag me today! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up.
Mention @simply.siobhan or tag #MimosasAndMotherhood!