This garlic white chicken lasagna soup is the coziest, creamiest and most comforting soup. Rich in flavor and easy to cook, it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Our family loves soup when it’s even slightly chilly out. How can you not? There’s just something about a hot bowl of soup that not only warms you up, but also seems to instantly transport you to an all-around cozier place.
We’ve been trying to make more soup lately (like Easy Crockpot Sausage & Tortellini Soup and Simple Corn and Zucchini Chowder), and one of our favorites is this Creamy Garlic White Chicken Lasagna soup. It’s loaded with rich flavors, and is a fantastic way to use leftover shredded chicken.
This recipe is also super quick to prepare, which means you can easily whip it up for dinner tonight.
Note: Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in. Full disclaimer here.
While this recipe calls for lasagna noodles, you can actually use any kind of pasta you have on hand. Elbow macaroni and egg noodles are also great choices for this garlic white chicken lasagna soup recipe.
Important note: I really recommend boiling the noodles separately from the soup. This soup is partially dairy-based, and I’ve noticed my noodles seem to come out a little funky when I try to cook them in the soup on the stovetop.
You can easily cook the lasagna noodles in a separate pot while the rest of the soup simmers, or even cook them in advance and just use your refrigerated leftover noodles!
This dish is also one that you can easily make in one pot using a dutch oven (which I personally love, because there are less dishes to clean!). I love this great dutch oven on Amazon, and this is another fantastic and affordable dutch oven option, too.
I love this recipe because it tastes and smells like I’ve slaved over it, but in reality it’s so fast to whip up with minimal chopping and prep. I hope you love this creamy and delicious garlic white chicken lasagna soup recipe too!
Creamy Garlic White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 16.9oz jar prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 ¼ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, (cooked and chopped into 1-inch pieces or shredded)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, (sliced)
- ½ cup onions, (minced)
- 4 cups chicken stock, (or broth)
- 2 cups half and half, (or whole milk)
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes, (more to taste if you like spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into 4 pieces each (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Add 2 tablespoon of butter to a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Allow it to melt then add the onions, allowing them to sauté alone for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and mushrooms and cover, letting them cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir. Cover and let cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken broth in a slow steady stream, and then do the same with the half and half. Stir well.
- Pour in the prepared alfredo sauce and add all of the seasonings.
- Cover and allow the soup to just reach a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low so that it just gently simmers for 10 minutes. Stir in the parmesan cheese and the cooked chicken. Taste and adjust with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- You can add the lasagna noodles directly to the pot, or if you’ll anticipating leftovers, serve them in bowls and top with soup. Serve warm!
- While this recipe calls for lasagna noodles, you can actually use any kind of pasta you have on hand. Elbow macaroni and egg noodles are also great choices for this garlic white chicken lasagna soup recipe.
- I really recommend boiling the noodles separately from the soup. This soup is partially dairy-based, and I’ve noticed my noodles seem to come out a little funky when I try to cook them in the soup on the stovetop.
- You can easily cook the lasagna noodles in a separate pot while the rest of the soup simmers, or even cook them in advance and just use your refrigerated leftover noodles!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Unsaturated Fat: 0g
That’s it! I hope you and your family love this Creamy Garlic White Chicken Lasagna Soup. It’s so creamy and easy, and really fills up your soul on chilly nights.
If you try it I would love to hear from you! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @simply.siobhan and use the hashtag #mimosasandmotherhood!